Friday 25 January 2013

GOING ORGANIC



Ok, so it's time to talk about our beautysecrets. About two weeks ago I switched up my hair and skin routine completely and I'm still kind of struggeling to figure it all out.

For years, I had been searching for the perfect shampoo, that would make my long ginger locks look voluminous, wavy, shiny and healthy. When going out or just walking through town, I always saw girls who just had the perfect hair, but when standing in front of my bathroom mirror I could never get the same result. No amount of bottles, tubes, and sprays could do the trick and no hairdresser could give me the haircut that should have fixed it all.

And then about a year ago, I found a shampoo that almost met my high demands. It didn't always go right, but for at least half of the time I would go through life with the shiny waves I had always wanted. Life was a dream.

I should have known it was all too good to be true. Slowly but surely, my scalp started to protest. It got itchy and flaky and lots more. At first I thought it was dandruff but when at a beautysalon they told me that wasn't the case. Which explained why the anti-dandruff shampoos weren't really working. Not knowing what to about it, I kind of just hoped it would go away by itself.

While my mind got occupated by a million other things, my scalp did not seize its protest. The itching turned into burning and I was loosing more and more hair until one day, I could ignore it longer. So I caved in, got my lazy ass behind my laptop and started googling. Because google always has the answer.

And that's how I first learned about silicones, SLS, and all of those other bad things that you find in  shampoos (and lot's of other products too). I know, I know, I know. I've been living underneath a stone. People have known about this for ages. But it totally freaked me out. I was slightly reluctant to give up on my magic shampoo, but the next slightly painful hair-washing-session had me convinced.

So now I'm going organic. I found some lovely shampoos that promise a healthy scalp and beautiful hair. I've only been using it for a few weeks and even though my scalp feels a million times better already, my hair is not so beautiful. It's flat, frizzy and a bit greasy. Damn.

I'm kind of hoping it's just a fase and my hair need time to get used to the lack of chemicals, but I'm not really sure. I'll keep researching this whole organic thing though, and I'll let you know what I've learned. In the meantime, let me know how you feel about all this! Have you ever tried organic products for your hair? Any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel like joining the conversation?

Next previous home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...