Thursday 27 June 2013

FLASHBACK: A FRESH START

Here's a post I published on a former blog in september last year. SO much has changed since then and I've been meaning to publish an update, but updating you is kind of silly if you haven't read part one yet. So here it is, out in the open, my life as it was almost one year ago.

I suppose that first of all, I owe you an apology for quitting on you just when it started to get fun. Between three jobs and an attempt to keep my social life going there just wasn't much time left for blogging. Lame excuse, I know. And to be completely honest, there were a few occasions where I had the choice between blogging and beach but somehow whenever that occurs, beach just seems to win it time and time again. I told myself that sometimes, you just need to take a few hours to relax and enjoy the good things in life. Besides, a tan would make my outfits look better so really, spending time on the beach was an investment in the blog. The fact that I'm a ginger and I never ever get a tan seemed like a mere detail in this reasoning.

Somewhere along the way I decided to quit one of my jobs because the things I had to put up with just weren't worth it anymore, and another job was only temporary so a few weeks ago I found myself left with only one job and a boss that won't be bribed into taking me on for more then two days a week. I refused to let this situation ruin my summer so instead of spending my time searching for a new job I just spent the past few weeks skipping from beach towel to dance floor to the hammock in my back yard. Or should I say, my parents backyard. Working two days a week means I can just about cover my rent and pay for a trainticket back to mamas kitchen, filled with the most delicious foods that I can only dream of back at home, where my fridge is worryingly empty. Plus, they live at the coast and as long as they keep living there, they can expect me to keep harassing them every summer.

And then it all changed.
I was sitting on the couch watching the news when all of the sudden I hear the weatherman state that the day after would be the last beachday of the summer. The very last. Just like that (I take the weatherman very seriously, you know). So after spending yet another lovely afternoon at the beach, diving into the waves more enthusiastically then ever, I lay myself down on my beach towel to tan (I never give up) and contemplate life. My life, to be exact. Which was a terrible idea since it could only lead to one conclusion: It's time to get serious. Well not too serious, obviously, but a little.
So now I'm on the train back to my own place, filled with new year's resolutions. You might say I'm a bit late with that but I prefer to think of it as a bit early. I need some positive thinking here, ok?

It'll be an adventure. A new and improved me. A me who has a job. I might try actually spending some more time in the city I moved to a few months ago. Ooh I feel so many plans forming in my head I can't even type fast enough to keep up. I'll have to go shopping, too. I mean, you can't really expect me to become a new and improved me while wearing the same old clothes, now can you? And don't worry, ladies and gentlemen, I'll keep you posted. I sense the new and improved me will be very fond of blogging. Besides, there's no way I'm going to embark on this adventure all by myself.

But before we start all this hard work and seriousness, let's talk about something more important. Somewhere far away from here, magical things are happening. It's Fashion Week, people, and I have way too much time on my hands, so you can expect some reports very soon. And that's a promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel like joining the conversation?

Next previous home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...